2017 KEYSTONE SUMMER GAMES GENERAL VISITOR INFORMATION
The 36th Annual 2017 Keystone State Games Festival of Sports is taking place in the Greater York Area during the week of July 26 - 30, 2017. Since its inception in 1981 Keystone State Games, Inc. has attracted over 500,000 participants of various age groups into their events.
The Keystone State Games, modeled after the Olympic Games, are PA’s largest annually held multi-sport competitions providing Pennsylvania's amateur athletes an opportunity to compete against athletes from throughout the Commonwealth and beyond in a festival atmosphere that promotes all of the positive aspects of amateur sports.
Athletes attending the Summer Games are responsible for their own lodging and meals. Athletes are urged to make room reservations early. Click Here for information on housing for the 2017 Games through the York County Housing Authority.
All persons attending the Games are responsible for transportation to and from their competition sites.
Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event at the Summer Games & America's Finest Games. Customized Medals may be purchased through Davis Trophies
Amateur athletes in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, New York, West Virginia, Ohio and Washington D.C. are eligible to compete in the annual Keystone State Games Festival of Sports except for the sports of Baseball, Field Hockey and Ice Hockey.
KSG BASEBALL, FIELD HOCKEY & ICE HOCKEY ELIGIBILITY:
- An athlete must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- A full-time Pennsylvania resident within the region for 30 days prior to first day of tryouts.
- A full-time Pennsylvania student at a recognized academic institution in the region.
- To determine your region, please check the County Codes Map (review specific sport pages on regional eligibility for ice hockey and field hockey)
There is currently no additional fees for athletes that do not reside outside of the state of Pennsylvania.
AGE AND SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
All athletes must meet the age and skill level requirement for their sport. Every sport has their own defined age and skill levels.
For all sports, you must register at your CURRENT level and age group as defined by each sport. Age determining dates for each sport are listed under the individual sports page.
COMPETITION REGISTRATION FOR KEYSTONE SUMMER GAMES
All Keystone Summer Games athletes will register at their prospective sport venue the day of the competition.
All finals athlete registration will take place directly at the sport venue.
The KSG York Headquarters is located at the Wyndham Garden York, 2000 Loucks Road, York, PA 17404
- Door Admission (Adult & Student) $10.00 (Daily cost at door of competition)
- Two Day Pass (Adult & Student) $15.00 Will allow entrance into any and all sports that charge Daily Admission. Can be used any two days during the week of the Games. (The Two Day Pass will be stamped or hole-punched to validate each of the two days used.)
- The ALL Event Pass (Adult & Student) $20.00 Will allow entrance into any and all events that charges admission throughout the entire week of the Games including the EXPO.
- The Following Sports charge admission: Baseball (Medal Games), Basketball, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Dodgeball, Fencing, Field Hockey, Fitness Challenge, Football Combine / 7V7 Challenge (stadium seating admission) Ice Hockey, Judo, Karate, Powerlifting, Strong Man, Swimming, Taekwondo, Track & Field, Weightlifting, Wrestling Duals, Wrestling, and Wrist Wrestling.
- Children 5 years of age and younger are FREE
MEDICAL SERVICES – WELLSPAN SPORTS MEDICINE
Keystone State Games medical services will be provided in the form of first aid administered on site by WellSpan Sports Medicine medical personnel at designated areas. If an athlete requires further review or treatment, the athlete will be directed to WellSpan Urgent Orthopedics (for sports injuries) or transported to a local hospital. Final disposition of an athlete’s continued participation remains with the KSG medical liaison on site. In the event of injury or illness requiring hospital treatment, expenses must be paid by the participant. The agreement and consent form previously signed by the participant and/or parent contains a medical treatment clause, which is important in case treatment is necessary.
Persons attending the Games are asked to establish a telephone number at their hotel or competition venue and relay this information back home.
If the competition is held, as scheduled or rescheduled, there is no refund of the registration/finals fee. The option is the individual’s or team’s as to whether to compete or not. If the competition is cancelled, and not rescheduled, and there is no opportunity for the individual or team to compete, then there may be a full or partial refund depending on the circumstances.
This policy is for all Keystone State Games and Premier Amateur Sports sporting events. Any person who wishes to apply for a refund must complete the following link: CLICK HERE FOR REFUND LINK
Refund considerations may require additional paperwork and will be reviewed after the completion of the competition. Refund inquires are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
REFUND APPLICATION DOCUMENT
No protests on judgment calls or rules interpretations are allowed. Any disagreements must be resolved before continuation of play. The referee's decision is final. The only protests allowed are for ineligible players - an older division player participating in a younger division. A younger division player playing in an older division is not cause for protest.
Have your medal personalized with engraving while you wait! Just bring your medal to the Designated Locations and your medal may be custom engraved with up to 40 letters. A fee is required.
SOUVENIR ATHLETE T-SHIRTS & APPAREL
This year’s souvenir t-shirts and apparel will be available for sale prior to the finals through the KSG online store. Souvenirs may be available at a variety of different sites during the competition.