BASKETBALL - CLICK HERE for Online Registration - Now Open
AAU Sanction Number: 8KMAAT5010 - Click Here to Download the AAU Flyer
Registration Deadline is Sunday June 24, 2018 or until Divisions Fill
COST: $350 per team (online registration discounts and early registration discounts available)
ONLINE REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS:
BEST SAVINGS: Register EARLY ONLINE by June 18, 2018 and pay only $325 per team - that's a savings of $25 per team that is registered.
SAVINGS: Register EARLY ONLINE from June 18, 2018 and pay only $335 per team - that's a savings of $15 per team from original price
If paying by Mail-In Application or after the June 24, 2018 Deadline then the fee is the original price of $350
Sport Director: Shawn Walker (570) 550-6110 or email Revshawnwalker@gmail.com
Registered AAU Teams are eligible for competition in the Keystone Games Festival of Sports Basketball Championship.
DIVISIONS: Following 2018 AAU Age Guidelines
Boys 11 & Under
Boys 12 & Under
Boys 13 & Under
Boys 14 & Under
Boys 15U / 9th Grade
Boys 16U / 10th Grade
Boys 17U / 11th Grade
Girls 11 & Under
Girls 12 & Under
Girls 13 & Under
Girls 14 & Under
Girls 15U / 9th Grade
Girls 16U / 10th Grade
Girls 17U / 11th Grade
This event is licensed by the Amateur Athletic Union of the U.S., Inc. All participants must have a current AAU membership. AAU membership may not be included as part of the entry fee to the event. AAU membership must be obtained before the competition begins, except where the event operator has a latptop available with an internet connection. BE PREPARED: Adult and Non-Athlete memberships are no longer instant and cannot be applied for at the event.Please allow up to 10 days for memberships to be processed. Participants are encouraged to visit the AAU web site www.aausports.org to obtain their membership.
- 15 Minute Stopped Halves
- 1st Overtime 3 minutes
- 2nd Overtime 2 minutes
- 3rd Overtime Sudden Death (except for Playoffs – the 3rd and each successive overtime will be 2 minutes.)
- Halftime – 2 minutes
- Between Games – 3 minutes minimum
Rules : Tournament is governed by AAU / PIAA Rules, with the following exceptions / clarifications:
- Free Throw
- 1 and 1 on the 10th team foul, there is no 2-shot bonus
- Regulation – (2) full timeouts, (2) 30-second timeouts
- 1st Overtime - 1 additional full timeout
- 2nd Overtime and Sudden Death – no additional timeouts
- Mercy Rule – The clock will run if one team gets a lead by 20 or more points in the 2nd half, stopping only for time-outs and injuries. If the lead falls below 20, the clock will stop as usual.
- Games will be played at the Kings College, Scandlon Gym, 150 North Main St., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
- The team listed first is home and will wear the light colored uniform
- The team listed second is away and will wear the dark colored uniform
- Timekeeper will NOT be provided, the AWAY TEAM will supply 1 adult time keeper / score operator for each game
- The HOME TEAM will provide 1 adult official scorekeeper for each game
- Teams must designate their official scorekeeper / clock operator to the sport director at the beginning of the tournament (each team will get 1 credential pass to be used for this person)
- 2 coaches per team will be provided credential passes to sit on the bench as well as free admission into the tournament - a 3rd designated person will also receive credentials per team as the clock operator / book scorekeeper to sit at the game table and will also receive free admission into the tournament.
- One of the teams will provide the game ball - if there is a conflict the official can decide which one to use
Tie Breaker Formula
If teams are tied at the end of Pool Play the following TIEBREAKER rule will determine which team(s) will advance.
i. In any situation where two (2) teams are tied, head-to-head competition between the teams will determine the winner.
ii. If more than two (2) teams tie, a point differential tie-breaker will be applied. The point differentials of all games played in the pool are totaled. The tied teams are then ranked according to the sum of the point differential - with the highest number placing first, the second highest placing second. (The maximum that you can beat a team and still gain an advantage is 15 points.)
iii. If two (2) teams are still tied after the application of the formula, go back to (i.) to break the tie.
iv. If there is still a three way tie, three way flip of the coin. Odd coin out.
v. The score of all forfeits shall be 15-0.
Cancellation Policy:If the competition is held, as scheduled or rescheduled, there is no refund of the registration/finals fee. The option is the individual’s or team’s as to whether to compete or not. If the competition is cancelled, and not rescheduled, and there is no opportunity for the individual or team to compete, then there may be a full or partial refund depending on the circumstances.
This policy is for all Keystone State Games and Premier Amateur Sports sporting events. Any person who wishes to apply for a refund must complete the following link: CLICK HERE FOR REFUND LINK
Refund considerations may require additional paperwork and will be reviewed after the completion of the competition. Refund inquires are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org