NATIONAL QUALIFYING SPORT (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place finishers qualify)
Date & Location: Saturday July 30 - Sunday July 31, 2016 at Chambersburg Country Club, 3646 Scottland Rd., Chambersburg, PA 17202
Saturday July 30, 2016 will be Men's and Women's Doubles - Tentative Start Time 8am
Sunday July 31, 2016 will be Mixed Doubles and Singles - Tentative Start Time 9am
Entry Deadline is July 22, 2016
- Female and Male Singles
- Female and Male Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
When you register, do not forget to list your partner’s name on the registration form (first and last name) for gender doubles and/or mixed doubles. If you do not have a doubles’ partner, write that you need a partner.
$20 will be charged for one event. An additional $5 will be assessed for each event entered.
The competition will be a double elimination format. Matches are based upon the best two out of three games. Matches will be best of three 11-point games, unless otherwise indicated by the Pickleball Coordinator. All games must be won 2 points.
- Courts will be defined and rules will follow those as prescribed by the International Federation of Pickleball, Official Tournament Rulebook, January, 2014 revision.
- A tournament-approved (IFP/USAPA) yellow Dura Fast 40 pickleball will be used for the games. Balls will be provided, but they are not souvenirs.
- You need to check in. Check-in time will begin at 8:10am.
- Competitors should bring their own paddles.
- Thirty (30) minutes has been estimated for each match. Because the time is an estimate, please be ready to play 30 minutes ahead of time. If time is limited, due to the large number of entries, the coordinator reserves the right to reduce points played per game in order to accommodate all the matches; games will not be less than 7 points.
- This is not a drop-in sport. You must be registered and on the schedule to play pickleball. If you need a partner, I will look first among registrants for one. If none is available, I will be unable to accommodate a person’s request for a double’s partner.
- In case of an age category difference, a player can play down in a younger age group, but a younger player cannot play up in an older age group.
- Each player or team is expected to call faults honestly. If conflict ensues, referees will officiate the games. The referees’ decisions are final. Referees are empowered to issue warnings and call technical fouls.
Awards: In each age category, medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places,
PA Senior Games Divisions: Athletes who will be 50 years of age or older as of December 31, 2016 may participate in PA Senior Games.
Age groups for NSGA Qualifying Sports are 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, and 100+ for both males and females. All other Sports will have 10 year age divisions.
SPORT FEE: $20.00 first event and $5.00 additional events
REGISTRATION: Click Here for the Online Registration
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MAIL-IN APPLICATIONS:
TEAM SPORT ENTRY FORM & ROSTER APP (Team Captain Only)
- If mailing an application please send to Keystone State Games, Inc., PO Box 1166, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18703-1166
Cancellation Policy:If the competition is held, as scheduled or rescheduled, there is no refund of the registration/finals fee. The option is the individual’s or team’s as to whether to compete or not. If the competition is cancelled, and not rescheduled, and there is no opportunity for the individual or team to compete, then there may be a full or partial refund depending on the circumstances.
This policy is for all Keystone State Games and Premier Amateur Sports sporting events. Any person who wishes to apply for a refund must complete the following link: CLICK HERE FOR REFUND LINK
Refund considerations may require additional paperwork and will be reviewed after the completion of the competition. Refund inquires are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org