BASKETBALL - CLICK HERE for Online Registration - Now Open
Both School Teams and Travel / AAU Teams are eligible for competition in the Annual Keystone Games Festival of Sports. Please indicate to our sport director if you would classify your team as a School Team or Travel Team.
DIVISIONS: Entering the following GRADES as of FALL 2017-2018 Academic School Year
Boys 5th grade
Boys 6th grade
Boys 7th grade
Boys 8th grade
Boys 9th grade
Boys 10th grade
Boys 11th and 12th grade
Girls 5th grade
Girls 6th grade
Girls 7th grade
Girls 8th grade
Girls 9th grade
Girls 10th grade
Girls 11th and 12th grade
- 16 Minute Stopped Halves (10th grade and above)
- 14 Minute Stopped Halves (5th grade - 9th grade)
- 1st Overtime 3 minutes
- 2nd Overtime 2 minutes
- 3rd Overtime Sudden Death (except for Playoffs – the 3rd and each successive overtime will be 2 minutes.)
- Halftime – 2 minutes
- Between Games – 3 minutes minimum
Rules : Tournament is governed by PIAA rules, with the following exceptions / clarifications:
- Free Throw
- 1 and 1 on the 10th team foul, there is no 2-shot bonus
- Regulation – (2) full timeouts, (2) 30-second timeouts
- 1st Overtime - 1 additional full timeout
- 2nd Overtime and Sudden Death – no additional timeouts
- Mercy Rule – The clock will run if one team gets a lead by 20 or more points in the 2nd half, stopping only for time-outs and injuries. If the lead falls below 20, the clock will stop as usual.
- Games will be played at the York College of PA Grumbacher Sports and Fitness Center located at 899 South Richland Avenue York, PA 17403
- Courts 1 & 2 are in the Arena. Courts 3, 4 & 5 are in the Field House (The Arena and the Field House are in the same building
- The team listed first is home and will wear the light colored uniform
- The team listed second is away and will wear the dark colored uniform
- Timekeeper will NOT be provided, the AWAY TEAM will supply 1 adult time keeper / score operator for each game
- The HOME TEAM will provide 1 adult official scorekeeper for each game
- Teams must designate their official scorekeeper / clock operator to the sport director at the beginning of the tournament (each team will get 1 credential pass to be used for this person)
- 2 coaches per team will be provided credential passes to sit on the bench as well as free admission into the tournament - a 3rd designated person will also receive credentials per team as the clock operator / book scorekeeper to sit at the game table and will also receive free admission into the tournament.
- One of the teams will provide the game ball - if there is a conflict the official can decide which one to use
- Tie Breaker Formula
If teams are tied at the end of Pool Play the following TIEBREAKER rule will determine which team(s) will advance.
i. In any situation where two (2) teams are tied, head-to-head competition between the teams will determine the winner.
ii. If more than two (2) teams tie, a point differential tie-breaker will be applied. The point differentials of all games played in the pool are totaled. The tied teams are then ranked according to the sum of the point differential - with the highest number placing first, the second highest placing second. (The maximum that you can beat a team and still gain an advantage is 15 points.)
iii. If two (2) teams are still tied after the application of the formula, go back to (i.) to break the tie.
iv. If there is still a three way tie, three way flip of the coin. Odd coin out.
v. The score of all forfeits shall be 15-0.
FEES: $325.00 per team for online registration with multi-team discounts available. If registering more then 3 teams for the tournament please contact Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible discounts
REGISTRATION CLOSES by July 23, 2017 or until divisions Fill!!!
Marty Ness - email@example.com 717-586-4574
- Medals awarded to top three team players.
Cancellation Policy:If the competition is held, as scheduled or rescheduled, there is no refund of the registration/finals fee. The option is the individual’s or team’s as to whether to compete or not. If the competition is cancelled, and not rescheduled, and there is no opportunity for the individual or team to compete, then there may be a full or partial refund depending on the circumstances.
This policy is for all Keystone State Games and Premier Amateur Sports sporting events. Any person who wishes to apply for a refund must complete the following link: CLICK HERE FOR REFUND LINK
Refund considerations may require additional paperwork and will be reviewed after the completion of the competition. Refund inquires are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org